Reference Materials for Engineering
Find dictionaries, encyclopedias, handbooks, and other reference materials
- A to Z GIS: an illustrated dictionary of geographic information systems [ENG-REF G70.212 .A86 2006]
Geographic information systems (GIS) are now everywhere; the technology has become embedded in our society. GIS is a tool for everything from saving endangered wildlife to exploring distant planets. As GIS has evolved and grown, so has the language of this powerful technology. Now, a new dictionary from ESRI Press presents the most comprehensive collection of GIS terms and illustrations to help students, educators, and professionals understand and use the special language of GIS in research, field studies, and real-world applications. With definitions written, developed, and contributed by more than 150 subject-matter experts, A to Z GIS: An Illustrated Dictionary of Geographic Information Systems is packed with the following features: More than 1,800 terms; Nearly 400 full-color illustrations; and Seven encyclopedia-style appendix articles about annotation and labels, features, geometry, layers in ArcGIS software, map projections and coordinate systems, remote sensing, and topology.
- AccessEngineering A full text collection of a few hundred McGraw-Hill engineering book titles covering 12 major areas of engineering and more than 200 topics.
Unlimited simultaneous users.
- Acoustic emission testing [ENG-REF TA418.84 .A264 2005]
- Advanced signal processing handbook : theory and implementation for radar, sonar, and medical imaging real time systems
see also [ENG-REF TK5102.9 .A383 2001]
Presents the theoretical and practical developments in the field of advanced signal processing. This book develops a generic processing structure, based on the similarities between radar, sonar, and medical imaging systems, to present an introduction to these principles and applications.
- Annual book of ASTM standards
- Apparent places of fundamental stars [ENG-REF QB9 .I5]
- ASCE Library eBooks (American Society of Civil Engineers) ASCE E-books and Standards encompass all civil engineering content areas, including construction, structures, transportation, geotechnics, environment, water resources, and professional practice. Also includes ASCE journals and proceedings.
Unlimited simultaneous users.
- ASM handbook [multiple locations ENG-REF TA459 .M43 1990] These volumes cover the properties, processing, and applications of metals and nonmetallic engineering materials. They are designed to provide the authoritative information and data necessary for the appropriate selection of materials to meet critical design and performance criteria.
- ASTM Compass - International Standards & Digital Library ASTM Compass - International Standards & Digital Library includes all 13,000 active ASTM standards (equivalent to the printed 82 volumes), the historical standards back to 1998, as well as the withdrawn and redlined version comparisons. In addition, it includes full-text access to Manuals, Monographs, Data Series, STPs (Special Technical Publications) and almost a dozen Journals dating back to the 1930s.
Unlimited simultaneous users.
- Astronomical almanac for the year, The [ENG-REF QB1 .A79]
Data for astronomy, space sciences, geodesy, surveying, navigation and other applications.
- Avionics handbook, The
see also [ENG-REF TL695 .A8163 2001]
Presents coverage of avionics, from the building blocks of a typical system through the process used in designing, building, and testing an avionics system. This book is suitable for working engineers, their managers, and others who need information on various aspects of avionics.
- BCS glossary of ICT and computing terms, The [ENG-REF QA76.15 .G59 2005]
Completely updated to cover new technology areas such as mobile and wireless technology and security issues, this new edition of the BCS Glossary remains the source for ICT and computing terminology. The glossary explains over 3000 computing terms. Its unique structure links related terms together in such a way that the definitions are always placed in context to help understanding.
- Canadian foundation engineering manual [ENG-REF TA775 .C28 2007]
- Canadian geomatics source book [ENG-REF G70.2 .C35 2000]
A free online resource open to anyone to use; no username or password required. Excellent source of Canadian case law and legislation.
- Chemical and process technology encyclopedia [ENG-REF TP9 .C49]
Brings together in a single volume the many facets of inorganic, organic and physical chemistry, and of chemical, metallurgical and process engineering.
- Chemical tradename dictionary [ENG-REF TP9 .A73 1993] This key reference will serve as the most comprehensive source for identifying and locating products in the international chemical marketplace. It has been written for the chemists, materials sientists, end-product formulators, industrial application specialists and scientists working in associated fields.
- Civil Engineering Handbook
see also [HWK-STACKS TA151.C57 2003]
Packed with formulae, data tables, and definitions, this book covers various areas of civil engineering. It includes material in areas such as coastal engineering, polymeric materials, computer methods, shear stresses in beams, and pavement performance evaluation. It is suitable for those working in civil, structural, or environmental engineering.
- Communications handbook, The [ENG-REF TK5101 .C6583 1996]
Presents a review of worldwide communications standards. The text presents essential engineering coverage of telephony, networks, optical communications, satellite, wireless, source compression, broadcasting and entertainment and coverage of topics related to Internet communications.
- Comprehensive dictionary of electrical engineering
see also [ENG-REF TK9 .C575 2005]
Includes process control and instrumentation, embedded sensors and system, biomedical engineering, hybrid vehicles mechatronics, data storage, and GIS. This book also includes terms that reflect the growth in: computer electronics, image processing, nanotechnology, and fuel cells.
- Computer engineering handbook, The
see also [ENG-REF TK7885 .C645 2002]
A comprehensive handbook on computer engineering. Exploring the developments, trends, and future directions of the field, it also captures what is fundamental and of lasting value.
- Concrete masonry handbook for architects, engineers, builders [ENG-REF TH1461 .P34 2008]
- Control handbook, The [ENG-REF TJ213 .C642 1996]
Covers various aspects of control systems, from the mathematical foundations to applications in robot and manipulator control. This work contains sections on fundamental methods of control, advanced methods of control, and applications of control. It reports on digital control for computers, features of aerospace controls, and robot control.
- CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics is a ready-reference book of chemical and physical data. The print copy of CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics is the premier source not only of physical properties data but also of mathematical tables, sources of critical data, chemical nomenclature, symbols, and terminology. It has been published since 1913; and is updated and enhanced annually.
Unlimited simultaneous users.
- CRC Handbook of thermal engineering [ENG-REF TJ260 .C69 2000]
To be successful in the international marketplace, corporations must have access to the latest developments and most recent experimental data. This book provides what engineers in industry need information on the applications of heat and mass transfer. It is suitable for all your thermal engineering questions.
- CRCnetBASE - incorporated into Taylor and Francis Group eBooks
- CSA Standards and Codes Online (Canadian Standards Association) The Canadian Standards Association is a not-for-profit standards development, membership-based association, in business, industry, government and consumers. CSA is the largest standards development organization (SDO) in Canada and is accredited in Canada and the U.S. to develop standards in a wide range of subject areas.
UNB Libraries’ subscribes to the Complete CSA Collection package which includes over 3,000 current and historical (including IT and Telecommunications standards) and standard related documents such as handbooks, guidelines and commentaries.
Unlimited simultaneous users.
- Dictionary of building and civil engineering [ENG-REF TH9 .M66 1996]
This dual-language dictionary lists over 20,000 specialist terms in both French and English, covering architecture, building, engineering and property terms.
- Dictionary of computer science, engineering, and technology [ENG-REF QA76.15 .D5258 2001]
Features definitions and practical information while enhancing general computer science literacy. This work addresses various aspects of computing and computer technology from multiple perspectives and includes the various aspects of hardware, software systems, and applications.
- Dictionary of computing and communications [ENG-REF QA76.15 .D52634 2003]
- Dictionary of computing, A "Oxford's acclaimed Dictionary of Computing is regularly revised and updated by a team of computer specialists, making it the most authoritative dictionary on the subject available. The wide range of topics covered includes computer applications in industry, the office, science, education, and the home, the hardware, software, and telecommunications behind these applications. The dictionary also addresses the concepts and theories of computing and associated fields."
5 simultaneous users.
- Dictionary of earth sciences, A "Oxford's fully up-to-date Dictionary of Earth Sciences is authoritative and wide-ranging with coverage of topics including climatology, economic geology, geochemistry, oceanography, palaeontology, petrology, and volcanology. There are entries on planetary science, remote sensing, statistics, and sequence stratigraphy, wind strength scales, material, temporal, and chronostratigraphic units, geologic, lunar, and Martian time scales."
5 simultaneous users.
- Dictionary of mechanical engineering, A [ENG-REF TJ9 .A835 2013] This new dictionary covers all aspects of mechanical engineering, including thermodynamics, heat transfer, combustion, stress analysis, design, manufacturing, materials mechanics, dynamics, vibrations, and control. It provides authoritative guidance for students, practising engineers, and others needing definitions of mechanical engineering terms.
- Electrical engineering handbook, The
- Electromagnetic testing : eddy current, flux leakage, and microwave nondestructive testing [ENG-REF TA417.3 .E52 1986]
- Electronics handbook, The
see also [ENG-REF TK7867 .E4244 2005]
Offers a comprehensive reference to the concepts, models, and equations necessary to analyze, design, and predict the behavior of complex electrical devices, circuits, instruments, and systems. This book covers the engineering aspects and includes sections on reliability, safety, and engineering management.
- Encyclopedia of chemical processing and design [ENG-REF TP9 .E66 (v.16 & 39)]
Publisher Synopsis: "High acclaim from worldwide authoritative journals . . .an ambitious work indeed. . .a valuable addition to many college and industrial libraries. . . . . .highly recommend[ed]. . .to any student of the chemical process industries.. . .provides a valuable starting point for any specific design-related project." ---American Scientist ." . .a useful and valuable addition to all technical, professional, and university library collections." ---IEEE Journal ." . .A wealth of information is presented on a number of processes, each keyword is followed by extensive bibliographies, unit operations are illustrated by practical problems, and case studies are presented of design exercises." ---Chemistry & Industry "A very attractive series of volumes." ---The Cost Engineer
- Encyclopedia of computer science [ENG-REF QA76.15 .E48 2003]
- Encyclopedia of computers and computer history [ENG-REF QA76.15 .E53 2001 v.1-2]
"This unique reference work includes 600 articles covering the full history of computing from the abacus to eBay. Biographies of major figures in the history of computers, company background, and lists of computer terminology as well as profiles of pioneering computers such as the ENIAC and Commodore 64 are provided."--"Outstanding Reference Sources," American Libraries, May 2002.
- Encyclopedia of polymer science and technology: plastics, resins, rubbers, fibers. [ENG-REF TP156 .P6 E5 vols. 1-16] Articles are signed and coverage is international; presentation is North American. Articles have been chosen to present a balanced account of all facets of polymer science and technology, in five major groups: (1) chemical substances, (2) polymer properties, (3) methods and processes, (4) uses, and (5) general background (cf. Introd.). Includes bibliographies. v. 15 includes a supplement; v. 16 is and index.
- Encyclopedia of Software Engineering [ENG-REF QA76.758 .E53 2002]
- Encyclopedia on ad hoc and ubiquitous computing: theory and design of wireless ad hoc, sensor, and mesh networks
see also [ENG-REF TK5105.77 .E53 2010]
Intends to provide an understanding of ad hoc, sensor, and mesh networks by investigating the evolution of ad hoc, sensor, and mesh networking technologies from theoretic concept to implementation protocols, from fundamentals to real applications. This book is suitable for students, instructors, researchers, engineers, and other professionals.
- Environmental engineering [ENG-REF TD145 .S2397 2003]
Includes new chapters on soil and groundwater remediation, water filtration system technology, and bottled water supplies; plus new sections on food safety and environmental security. Features new expert contributors such as Nelson Nemerow, Franklin Agardy, George Tehachangolow, Pier Armenante, and Anthony Walbarst.
- ESRI Press dictionary of GIS terminology, The [ENG-REF G70.212 .E87 2001]
Providing a comprehensive listing of GIS terms, this dictionary encompasses terms from related fields, such as geography, cartography, GPS, remote sensing and computing. Useful for technicians and novices alike, each term has been described in clear and technically accurate language. Contains more than 1,200 definitions. 50 line drawings, 50 maps.
- Facilities operations & engineering reference [ENG-REF TS184 .F32 1999]
- Geotechnical and geoenvironmental engineering handbook [ENG-REF TA705 .G427 2000]
This handbook discusses, a wide array of topics that have entered the mainstream of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering. The topics covered range from conventional saturated soil mechanics to unsaturated soil behavior, rock mechanics, hydrogeology and geosynthetics. The book deals with pavements, shallow and deep foundations, embankments, slopes, retaining walls, buried structures, dynamics and earthquakes, contaminant transport, groundwater monitoring, and the containment, treatment and remediation of contaminated sites. Risk assessment and risk-based management for both geotechnical and geoenvironmental applications are discussed.
- Geotechnical engineering investigation handbook [ENG-REF TA705 .H86 2005]
- GIS-GPS sources [ENG-REF G70.212 .H43 1995]
- Global earth physics : a handbook of physical constants [ENG-REF QC808.8 .G56 1995]
- Guide to software engineering standards and specifications [ENG-REF QA76.758 .M258 1997]
As software engineering processes change, so do industry standards and specifications. This directory offers a listing of standards and technical reports available, presenting an overview of 300 standards, guides and technical reports.
- Guide to the use of tables and formulas in Machinery's handbook [ENG-REF TJ151 .A445 2012]
Helps you to solve various types of problems typically encountered in drafting rooms, machine shops and on the factory floor.
- Handbook of binary phase diagrams [ENG-REF QD501 .H36]
- Handbook of Chemical Engineering Calculations
This handbook makes it easy to solve chemical engineering problems quickly and accurately using step-by-step procedures for performing a wide array of chemical engineering calculations together with worked out examples and numerical results.
- Handbook of electrical engineering, The [ENG-REF TK145 .H36 1996]
Paragraph and heading tags not suitable here. Hyperlinks, bold, italic, colour are acceptable.
- Handbook of environmental analysis [ENG-REF TD194.6 .S65 1993]
- Handbook of environmental civil engineering [ENG-REF TA151 .Z49]
- Handbook of geology in civil engineering [multiple locations ENG-REF TA705 .L4 1983]
- Handbook of geotechnical investigation and design tables
see also [ENG-REF TA705 .L66 2007]
Providing easy access to key information, this practical handbook of properties for soils and rock presents key issues concerning geotechnical investigations, assessments and designs in a concise tabular format. The book is bridge between soil and rock mechanics theory and its application to practical engineering solutions.
- Handbook of human factors and ergonomics
see also [ENG-REF TA166 .H275 2005]
The field of human factors and ergonomics has developed and broadened considerably since its inception more than sixty years ago, and no single book has done more to help proliferate its importance than the Handbook of Human Factors and Ergonomics. Winner of the Institute of Industrial Engineers Joint Publishers Book-of-the-Year Award, this thoroughly revised Third Edition of Gavriel Salvendy's seminal work compiles the research of 109 of the world's top thinkers and practitioners in one volume. All new chapters feature theoretically based and practically oriented material-supported by numerous case studies, examples, figures, and tables-to be useful to both practitioners and researchers.
- Handbook of human factors and ergonomics methods
see also [ENG-REF TA166 .H2752 2005]
The Handbook delivers an authoritative and practical account of methods that incorporate human capabilities and limitations, environmental factors, human-machine interaction, and other factors into system design. It describes 83 methods in a standardized format, promoting the use of methods that may have formerly been unfamiliar to designers. Six sections comprise the Handbook, each representing a specialized field of ergonomics with a representative selection of associated methods. The sections highlight facets of human factors and ergonomics in systems analysis, design, and evaluation. Standard descriptions of methods encourage browsing through several potential methods before tackling a problem.
- Handbook of industrial circuits and automated manufacturing [ENG-REF TK7881 .H35 2016]
- Handbook of machinery dynamics [ENG-REF TJ170 .H365 2001]
Considering a broad range of fundamental factors and conditions influencing the optimal design and operation of machinery, this book emphasizes the force and motion analysis of machine components in multiple applications. It reviews machine design for selecting the appropriate energy transfer mechanisms.
- Handbook of mechanical alloy design [ENG-REF TN698 .H36 2004]
- Handbook of neural network signal processing [ENG-REF QA76.87 .H345 2002]
Describes a range of neural network solutions for statistical signal processing and for applications in speech, video and biomedical signal processing.
- Handbook of petrochemicals production processes
see also [ENG-REF TP692.3 .H27 2005]
Meyers, R. (2005). Handbook of petrochemicals production processes (Mcgraw-hill handbooks). New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Handbook of petroleum refining processes
see also [ENG-REF TP690 .H34 1997]
This edition features new chapters from Chevron, Mobil, Shell, Exxon, UOP and Texaco which define the technology, pollution-control and economic aspects of 60 petroleum refining processes.
- Handbook of seafloor sonar imagery [ENG-REF GC87 .B47 1997]
- Handbook of thermoplastic piping system design [ENG-REF TP1185 .P5 S59 1997]
Containing over 180 photographs, drawings, and tables, the Handbook of Thermoplastic Piping System Design is an incomparable day-to-day resource for mechanical, plastics, chemical, piping design, materials, plant, project, industrial, and building engineers; architects; system and equipment designers; installation contractors; and upper-level undergraduate and graduate students in these disciplines.
- Handbook on civil engineering, A [ENG-REF TA151 .H36 2016]
- ICE Virtual Library (Institution of Civil Engineers) The ICE Virtual Library gives you full online access to the journals published by the Institution of Civil Engineers, along with eBook collections covering Energy and Transport information. With coverage back to 1836, including all ICE Transactions and all titles published under the Thomas Telford banner, the Virtual Library gives you access to some of the most prestigious scholarly journals in Civil Engineering, along with a subset of ebooks in the energy and transport fields.
Unlimited simultaneous users.
- Industrial electronics handbook, The [ENG-REF TK7881 .I52 1997]
From traditional topics that form the core of industrial electronics to various concepts and technologies, this book presents different topics in electronics, system and process control, factory communications, measurement and instrumentation, circuits and devices, hardware, software, and factory automation.
- Internal combustion engine handbook: basics, components, systems, and perspectives [ENG-REF TJ755 .H2513 2004]
Illustrating the latest level of knowledge in engine development, paying particular attention to the presentation of theory and practice, this handbook covers all of this component's complexities, including an insightful look into the internal combustion engine's future viability.
- Kirk-Othmer Concise Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology [multiple locations TP9 .K54 2007]
- Kirk-Othmer encyclopedia of chemical technology [ENG-REF TP9 .E685 1991]
- Land development handbook: planning, engineering, and surveying [ENG-REF TA549 .L29 2008]
Land Development Handbook provides a step-by-step approach to any type of project, from rural greenfield development to suburban infill to urban redevelopment. With the latest information regarding green technologies and design, the book offers you a comprehensive look at the land-development process as a whole, as well as a thorough view of individual disciplines. Plus, a bonus color insert reveals the extent to which land development projects are transforming our communities!
- Machinery's handbook [ENG-REF TJ151 .M3 25th 1996]
- Machinery's Handbook - 30th Edition [ENG-REF TJ151 .M3 30th 2016]
For more than 100 years, Machinery's Handbook has been the most popular reference work in metalworking, design, engineering and manufacturing facilities, and technical schools and colleges throughout the world. It is universally acknowledged as an extraordinarily authoritative, comprehensive, and practical tool, providing its users with the most fundamental and essential aspects of sophisticated manufacturing practice. The 30th edition of the "Bible of the Metalworking Industries" contains major revisions of existing content, as well as new material on a variety of topics. It is the essential reference for mechanical, manufacturing, and industrial engineers, designers, draftsmen, toolmakers, machinists, engineering and technology students, and the serious home hobbyist.
- Magnetic particle testing [ENG-REF TA417.3 .M33 1989]
- Marks' standard handbook for mechanical engineers [ENG-REF TJ151 .M37 1996]
Gathers reference information on heat, strength of materials, machine elements, power, materials handling, transportation, shop processes, electronics, and instruments.
- Mathematical handbook for electrical engineers [ENG-REF TK153 .L428 2005]
When trying to solve a complex, seemingly unsolvable problem, electrical engineers sometimes need to start at the very beginning of the problem. To arrive at a solution, they have to go back to the basics and examine the mathematical rules, laws, and formulas that are at the root of every electrical engineering problem. Written by experienced engineers, Mathematical Handbook for Electrical Engineers is an invaluable resource for professionals in the field, and also serves as a time-saving reference for students.
- McGraw-Hill dictionary of engineering
Derived from the content of the respected McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, Sixth Edition, each title provides thousands of definitions of words and phrases encountered in a specific discipline.
- McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Environmental Sciences
Derived from the world-renowned McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms, Sixth Edition, this reference offers a wealth of essential information in a portable, convenient, quick-find format. Whether you're a professional, a student, a writer, or a general reader with an interest in science, there is no better or more authoritative way to stay up-to-speed with the current language of environmental science and technology or gain an understanding of its key ideas and concepts.
- McGraw-Hill dictionary of scientific and technical terms [multiple locations ENG-REF Q123 .M34 1994] Provides definitions for 100,100 scientific and technical terms, and includes an appendix with useful supplementary materials.
- Measurement, instrumentation, and sensors handbook , The [ENG-REF QC39 .M393 1999]
Describes the use of instruments and techniques for practical measurements required in engineering, physics, chemistry and the life sciences. Areas covered include: Spatial variables measurement; Time and frequency measurement; Mechanical veriables measurement: solid, fluid and thermal; Electromagnetic variables measurement; Optical variables measurement; Radiation measurement; Chemical variables measurement; pH Measurement; Environmental measurement; Biomedical variables measurement; Signal processing; Displays; Liquid crystals displays; Light-emitting diode displays; Control; PID control.
- Mechatronics handbook, The
see also [ENG-REF TJ163.12 .M434 2002]
A handbook that covers mechatronics. It contains figures, formulas, tables, and citations, cross-referenced for easy access.
- Merck Index "The Merck Index is an encyclopedia of chemicals, drugs, and biologicals that contains more than 10,000 monographs. Each monograph in this authoritative reference source is a concise description of a single substance or a small group of closely related compounds." 15th ed.
Unlimited simultaneous users.
- Merck Index
see also [multiple print locations RS51 .M4 2013]
For over 120 years The Merck Index has been regarded as the most authoritative and reliable source of information on chemicals, drugs and biologicals. Now this trusted resource is available online from the Royal Society of Chemistry.
The Merck Index* Online offers the same highly authoritative information as the print edition in a convenient and easily searchable full text database. It contains over 11,500 monographs – including historic records not available in the print edition. The Merck Index* Online will be updated regularly with accurate information curated by experts.
- Merck index, 12th ed. [ENG-REF RS51 .M4 1996]
First published in 1889, this index now contains more than 10,000 monographs, each describing a single substance or group of related compounds.
- Merriam-Webster's geographical dictionary [ENG-REF G103.5 .W42 1997]
Offers 48,000 entries on countries, states, cities, natural landforms, and bodies of water, with information on history, population, and location.
- Metals handbook [ENG-REF TA459 .M432 1998]
A comprehensive single-volume reference source on the properties, selection, processing, testing, and characterization of metals and their alloys.
- New Penguin Dictionary of Civil Engineering [ENG-REF TA9 .B57 2005]
A completely new and fully-comprehensive book aimed at anyone who has contact with the construction industry.
- Ocean engineering handbook , The
see also [ENG-REF VM605 .O24 2001]
Compiled by an internationally acclaimed panel of experts, this reference provides comprehensive coverage of important areas of the theory and practice of oceanic/coastal engineering and technology. It also offers a detailed look at ocean engineering, including thorough coverage of position control theory and implementation.
- Peat engineering handbook [ENG-REF TN837 .N67 1991]
- Perry's chemical engineers' handbook, 9th ed.
see also [ENG-REF TP151 .P45 2019]
The gold standard for chemical engineering information—from the fundamentals to the state of the art. This industry-standard resource, first published in 1934, has equipped generations of engineers and chemists with vital information, data, and insights. Thoroughly revised to reflect the latest technological advances and processes, Perry's Chemical Engineers' Handbook, Ninth Edition, is indispensable for unsurpassed coverage of every aspect of chemical engineering.
- Petroleum engineering handbook
see also [ENG-REF TN870 .P493 2006]
This 2006 version of SPE's Petroleum Engineering Handbook is the result of several years of effort by technical editors, copy editors, and authors. It is designed as a handbook rather than a basic text. As such, it will be of most benefit to those with some experience in the industry who require additional information and guidance in areas outside their areas of expertise.
- Pocket book of electrical engineering formulas [ENG-REF TK153 .D68 1993]
- Polymer data handbook [ENG-REF TA455 .P58 P675 1999]
More than 200 polymers are precisely described in this handbook. Many of these polymers are already in industrial use, others are being researched for possible valuable use in the future or for further practical development in combination with other polymeric materials.
- ProQuest Ebook Central Collections UNB subscribes to a few collections of eBooks through this one access point, including both a mix of subscribed and purchased titles, along with faculty selected purchased titles. These are fulltext, searchable databases of books, maps and other authoritative documents in all academic disciplines. Many books now allow complete downloading.
Varying access permissions.
- Quicklaw LexisNexis Advance Quicklaw is a Canadian online legal information system that provides full text of Canadian and foreign case law, federal and provincial legislation and regulations, case reports, digests, tribunal decisions, and statutes, as well as secondary materials such as law journals and newsletters.
Unlimited simultaneous users.
- RF and microwave handbook, The
see also [ENG-REF TK7876 .R42 2001]
Containing information on microwave theory, techniques, and applications, this work provides an overview of microwave and RF products, as well as traditional military applications, such as radar and electronic countermeasures. It also deals with technical constraints, circuit design issues, and passive and active device technologies.
- Riegel's handbook of industrial chemistry [ENG-REF TP145 .R54 2003]
This is an accessible reference designed for professionals who need an orientation and overview on modern varied chemical processes, products and practices. It offers data on the chemistry, engineering, economics and technological infrastructure of all major chemical industry segments.
- Robot operating system (ROS) : the complete reference. (Volume 1) [ENG-REF TJ211.35 .R63 2016]
Part I. ROS Basics and Foundations.- Part II. Navigation, Motion and Planning.- Part III. Service and Experimental Robots.- Part IV. Real-World Applications Deployment.- Part V. Perception and Sensing.- Part VI. Software Engineering with ROS.- Part VII. ROS Simulation Frameworks.- Part VII. Advanced Tools for ROS.
- Rules of thumb for chemical engineers
see also [ENG-REF TP151 .R85 2005]
Explores the trends in gas treating and fractionator computer solutions analysis. This book provides engineers with hundreds of common sense techniques, shortcuts, and calculations to quickly and accurately solve day-to-day design, operations, and equipment problems. It includes practical tips, formulas, correlations, curves, charts and tables.
- Science Direct Science Direct offers comprehensive coverage of literature across all fields of science, medicine and technology. All previous ScienceDirect journal collections have been merged into this single collection, along with select purchased eBook titles.
Unlimited simultaneous users.
- Special nondestructive testing methods [ENG-REF TA417.2 .S658 1995]
- Springer eBook Collection Note: UNB only has online access to material marked with a green, square box to the left of the record.
The Springer eBook Collection publishes eBooks, eReference Works and eBook Series titles on a wide variety of subjects, including science, technology, medicine and the humanities.
Unlimited simultaneous users.
- Standard guidelines for the design and installation of pile foundations (ASCE)
see also [ENG-REF TA780 .A523 1997]
Provides a guideline for an engineering approach to the design and subsequent installation of pile foundations. This title covers such topics as: administrative requirements; pile shaft strength requirements; soil-pile interface strength requirements and capacity; design stresses; construction and layout guidelines for pile design; and more.
- Standard handbook for civil engineers
A revision of the classic reference covering all important principles and techniques needed by practicing civil engineers.
- Standard specifications for transportation materials and methods of sampling and testing (AASHTO materials) As of 2016, AASHTO materials standards are published in digital format only. Updates are released annually in three groups, broken up by subject area. Summaries of changes and revision charts are provided for each release for Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3. When a standard is revised or reconfirmed, the release number will appear, with month and year in parentheses, beneath the designation number. Releases 1 through 3 occur in April, June, and August, respectively, covering the following subjects:
Release 1—Hydraulic Cements; Concrete; Concrete-Related Materials; Pavement Serviceability;Environmental Quality; and Quality Assurance.
Release 2—General Manufactured Materials
Release 3—Geotechnical; and Bituminous Materials and Mixtures.
Limited to 2 simultaneous users.
- Star almanac for land surveyors for the year , The [ENG-REF QB8 .G79]
- Statista Statista is a multidisciplinary database that aggregates information covering 80,000 topics. Access to data from over 18,000 sources covering 1.5 million statistics. All statistics can be directly downloaded in PNG, PDF, Excel, and PowerPoint formats. Data prepared according to academic citation standards, with a citation tool (APA, Chicago, Harvard, MLA, and Bluebook) and links to the original source for further research. Statista also covers industry reports, studies, forecasts, dossiers, digital market outlook , aesthetically pleasing infographics, and more.
Unlimited simultaneous users.
- Style manual for the Department of Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering [ENG-REF TA501 .N45 no.54 2001]
- Transformer and inductor design handbook
see also [ENG-REF TK7872 .T7 M32 2004]This third edition presents a practical approach to transformer and inductor design. It extensively covers essential topics such as the area product and core geometry, while providing complete information on magnetic materials and core characteristics using step-by-step design examples.
- Transforms and Applications Handbook, The Highlighting the use of transforms and their properties, this title offers an introduction to signals and systems, including properties of the delta function and some classical orthogonal functions. It then details different transforms, including lapped, Mellin, wavelet, and Hartley varieties.
- Ullmann's Polymers and Plastics : Products and Processes [ENG-REF TP1087 .U45 2016]
Your personal Ullmann's: Chemical and physical characteristics, production processes and production figures, main applications, toxicology and safety information are all to be found here in one single resource - bringing the vast knowledge of the Ullmann's Encyclopedia to the desks of industrial chemists and chemical engineers.
- Ultrasonic testing [ENG-REF TA417.4 .U39 2007]
- Visual and optical testing [ENG-REF TA417.2 .V57 1993]
- Wiley Online Library Wiley Online Library hosts the world's broadest and deepest multidisciplinary collection of online resources covering life, health and physical sciences, social science, and the humanities. It delivers seamless integrated access to over 4 million articles from 1500 journals. UNB also subscribes to select eBook titles.
Unlimited simultaneous users.
- World of computer science [ENG-REF QA76.15 .W67 2002]