Skip to main content

Agriculture (Government Information) Guide


Federal Government Resources

Listed below are links to Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, as well as related federal agencies, and relevant resources from Statistics Canada. 

Departments and Agencies:

Statistics Canada:

Other federal agriculture resources:


Foreign Countries

Foreign Countries

When researching countries outside of Canada, you'll likely want to look at sources like the FAO, OECD, and other international organizations - all can be found under the "International Organizations" tab of this guide. Below, we've also included links from various foreign governments.

United States

United Kingdom

International Organizations

Intergovernmental Organizations

Intergovernmental organizations, or international organizations, aren't technically "government," but are usually composed of sovereign states, though they may also include representation from non-profit organizations or corporations.

The most prominent organization, when it comes to agriculture, is the FAO - the Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations. We've singled out a few of the FAO's key resources, as well as links to other organizations.

FAO (Food and Argicultural Organization of the United Nations)

OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development)

Other Resources

Finding Government Documents

Finding Government Documents

UNB Libraries has a large collection of print materials, including documents from the Canadian federal government, every province and territory, foreign countries, and international intergovernmental organizations. Our collection is identified by the "HIL-GOV" and "HIL-STORG" locations, and can be found via WorldCat:

Search UNB WorldCat:
Limit to: 

Our collection is currently held in closed storage, but is still circulating. To obtain a document, see staff or send us a request, and we'll retrieve your item for you as quickly as we can.

We're always happy to help however we can, either in person during our staffing hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) or by email.


Citing Government Documents

Citing Government Documents

Like all publications, citations for government publications should be consistent with the citation style used elsewhere in your work - most commonly, APA or MLA. 

For assistance citing government documents and statistics, please consult these guides:

More Information More Information

I assist researchers with their general informational needs as well as those more specifically geared toward government documents, data, and maps/GIS. I also work with the research data management (RDM) working group to provide RDM services at UNB.