Government Documents, Environment Guide


Federal Government Resources


Departments and Agencies:

Statistics Canada:

Journal Collections


Reference Intro Text

Foreign Countries

Internet Sites

International Organizations

Intergovernmental Organizations


United Nations Environment Programme

UN Environment
Environment Live

Finding Government Documents

Finding Government Documents

UNB Libraries has a large collection of print materials, located on the third floor of the Harriet Irving Library. Our collection includes documents from the Canadian federal government, every province and territory, foreign countries, and international intergovernmental organizations. Our collection is identified by the "HIL-GOV" location, and can be found via WorldCat:

Search UNB WorldCat:     

Advanced Search | Locations Guide | Help

Because our collection's items are grouped together by their publishing governments or organizations - rather than by subject - our call numbering system is different from the system used elsewhere in the library. To learn more about our call numbering system, please check out our guide to finding government documents.

We're always happy to help, either in person during our staffing hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) or by email.

Other Book SourcesShelf Browsing

Citing Government Documents

Citing Government Documents

Like all publications, citations for government publications should be consistent with the citation style used elsewhere in your work - most commonly, APA or MLA. 

For assistance citing government documents and statistics, please consult these guides:

More Information